Within the first half of the year 2014, in the project „Active civic participation: Latvia = EU(Me)” has actively participated and organised a variety of events.
- Participation in the activities of European Year of Citizens int.al. participation in the European Year of Citizens Alliance;
- Participation in the steering group of the European Year of Citizens organized by Ministry of Culture;
- Participation in regional events “Jump! 2013: European Year of Citizens”;
- EML participated in forum “Nantes Creative Generations forum” (Nantes, France). EML presented simulation game method for working with youngsters – “Youngster, Be an Active European” (created by EML). EML representatives participated also in working groups and partner networking activities (EML was invited as one of the good practice example for working with youth, informing and educating about EU);
- Simulation game focused on youth unemployment and education issues at Smiltenes Gymnasium.
- Participation in youth forum “You for Europe – Europe for You” (at Jēkabpils). EKL organized working groups for youngsters explaining decision making process and the importance of civic participation which was followed by actively involving youngsters in planning their ideas (working group “From idea to its realization”).
- Participation in exhibition “School 2014” (under European Commission stand) offering information about active participation and volunteering opportunities both in EML and Europe etc.